Please note that there are websites pretending to be British Council IELTS registration sites. They are not associated with us and we are not responsible for the content on those sites.
Before you enter any personal details, please make sure that you are using our secure online registration system and check that “British Council” is spelt correctly.
You can register for IELTS quickly and easily through our Online Registration Service.
To register, simply follow the steps below:
1. READ THE INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
Download and read the Information for candidates which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.
Please note that IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.
2. DECIDE WHICH VERSION OF THE TEST IS RIGHT FOR YOU
There are two versions of the IELTS test:
IELTS General Training
Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.
Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day, or up to a week before or after your main test day. Detailed information on the dates, time and locations of the IELTS parts will be sent to the candidates by email 10 calendar days before the first part of the test.
3. REGISTER ONLINE
You can check all IELTS test dates and test centres at our IELTS dates, fees and locations webpage. Use our Online Registration System to book your place on the test.
4. CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS
The IELTS test fee is 5 900 CZK.
You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
- Online payment - use your credit/debit card at the end of the online registration process
- Payment by bank transfer – please state the following information:
Account holder’s name: British Council
Recipient’s account number: 2048040318/2600 (IBAN CZ4926000000002048040318, BIC code: CITICZPX)
Variable code: according to the centre where you want to take the exam (Prague 9001, Brno 9007, Pilsen 9008, Olomouc 9006)
Specific code: your date of birth in the ‘ddmmyyyy’ format
In the text box you must quote the following:
• FIRST: the registration Reference Number; your reference number is a 13 digit number that starts with your country code (CZ).
• NEXT: the full name of the candidate taking the exam.
e.g. CZ001-70926-00130 – PETER SMITH
By quoting the registration Reference Number as described above you ensure there is no delay in processing your application (such a delay may lead to a change of your preferred test date or cancellation of your registration).
Pay the required exam fee no later than five calendar days after registering for the test, where the first day is the day of registration. Unfortunately, if we do not receive the payment within seven calendar days your application will be cancelled.
Copies of your results
If you would like your results to be sent to universities or other educational institutions, please enter the relevant addresses in the appropriate fields on the Online Registration System. We can issue a maximum of five copies per student.
5. AFTER YOU REGISTER
After registering you will receive an automatic email with login details and a link to the 'Candidate Area’ through which you can access the free online course: Road to IELTS. We will send you a confirmation email about 10 days before the first part of the test date giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE COURSE OF THE EXAM
The IELTS test has been designed to be a fair test. Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have. We make every effort to cater for all our candidates.
If you have a disability or special need, please contact us to discuss your circumstances.
- Candidates with special needs requiring the adaptation of test papers (e.g. hearing/sight impairment), should submit their application for special arrangements complete with medical evidence to the British Council no later than 3 months before the test date
- Candidates with special needs requiring administrative changes (e.g. the use of headphones, computer, etc.) should submit their application for special arrangements complete with medical evidence to the British Council no later than 8 weeks before the test
Candidates with dyslexia should submit a report provided by a fully qualified educational, clinical or chartered psychologist no later than 8 weeks before the test date.
The medical evidence must:
- be in the form of a report prepared in a period no more than two years prior to the date of the examination
- include details of the degree of disability
- include names of the test used to diagnose dyslexia.
The organisers of the test may not be able to provide the service requested. The requests submitted after the end of the regular registration period will not be accepted.
REFUNDING THE FEE
The registration for an exam is binding. After the end of registration deadline, the exam fee cannot be refunded.
If you decide to cancel your registration before the end of the registration deadline, you are entitled to refund of 100% of the exam fee. A completed Request for Refund form (108KB) must be submitted to Examinations Services at the British Council in Prague or Brno no later than the last day of the registration deadline.
You are entitled to 75% refund of the registration fee if the request is made due to:
- a candidate’s serious illness (e.g. hospital admission)
- death of a close family member
- hardship/trauma, e.g. a traffic accident
- military service
A completed Request for Refund form (108KB) must be submitted to Examinations Services at the British Council in Prague or Brno no later than 5 working days after the test date. The request must be supported by original medical certificate covering the test date.
The form is also available at the British Council offices.
Candidates are not entitled to a refund if:
- the cause is different from the ones mentioned above
- the application is not accompanied by appropriate official documentation and/or evidence
- the application is made later than 5 working days after the test date
Your refund request will be processed within 14 days.