The British Council in the Czech Republic offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|Test type||Fee (CZK)||Book|
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||6150||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||6150||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
(Academic and General Training)
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||4260||Book now|
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or Czech national ID card. Passport only for candidates taking the test outside their own country) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written Test Day Photo/Leaving venue consent by a parent or guardian. The consent will be sent by email.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer .
Account holder’s name: British Council
Recipient’s account number: 2048040318/2600 (IBAN CZ4926000000002048040318, BIC code: CITICZPX)
- your reference number is a 13 digit number that starts with your country code (CZ).
- the full name of the candidate taking the exam.
e.g. CZ001-70926-00130 – PETER SMITH
By quoting the registration Reference Number as described above you ensure there is no delay in processing your application (such a delay may lead to a change of your preferred test date or cancellation of your registration).
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date at least 10 day before the actual test date.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.