We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
British Council Brno is located in an old 4-storey townhouse.
- Hlavní nádraží/ Main Train Station is 850 m away.
- Bus station U Grandu on Benešova street for long-distance bus transportation is 850 m away.
- Central bus station Zvonařka is 1,5 km away
- Česká street - tram, trolleybus and bus stop is 80 m away.
The nearest car drop-off point is hotel Slavia on Solniční street or Opletalova street.
The nearest taxi drop-off point is Solniční street in front of British Council or hotel Slavia.
This drop-off point is 50 m from British Council Brno main entrance.
There is a restriction to one way street on Solniční street from hotel Slavia. Only city residents with permission may continue in the direction to the very centre.
Another commonly used drop-off point is on Marešova street (at the Bílý dům health centre). It is 300 meters from British Council main entrance.
There are also public parking places and drop-off points at Komenského square and Moravské square that can be used by visitors with disabilities.
British Council Brno does not have a car park.
There are pay-and-display parking spaces on Solniční street (30 CZK per hr)
The nearest public paid car park DOMINI PARK is 800 m away.
There are public accessible parking spaces in streets adjacent to the city centre. These are free or pay-and-display.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to British Council Brno is provided via the main entrance on Solniční street. The main door is accessible for wheelchair and pushchair users, however, it is quite heavy to open and the pavement surface is partially uneven (cobble stones). Please note that cars often park partially on the pavement.
- The width of the main entrance door is 100 cm. There is a swing door behind the main entrance, one side of which is 90 cm wide, both parts can be opened if necessary.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
There is no reception or custom service desk in the building. Our staff in our office on the second floor will be happy to help if you require any assistance.
- If you use a wheelchair, we will speak with you about a suitable emergency evacuation plan.
- If you use a wheelchair or pushchair that does not fit the size of the lift, we will be happy to meet you on the ground floor or help you with the pushchair.
British Council Brno is situated on the second floor, with wide corridors accessible to visitors using wheelchairs. The office and examination room on the second floor are accessible by both stairs and a lift.
On rare occasions British Council uses classrooms on the third floor. Third floor is accessible by stairs or by a lift when accompanied by a British Council employee with door and lift keys.
There is a copy centre on the ground floor.
LIFT AND STAIRS
You can reach the first and second floors by lift or stairs.
- The lift is a passenger lift. The lift door is 70 cm wide and the buttons are 150 cm above the floor level.
- The lift does not have Braille buttons.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The stairs do have handrails on each side
Please contact us before your visit if you think the lift will be unsuitable for you so that we can make alternative arrangements.
- The handrail on the right hand side switches to left hand side on the way from the second to the third floor via stairs.
There is an accessible toilet on the 2rd floor available upon request. It is not suitable for people using wheelchairs.
- The width of the toilet door is 60 cm. The first door opens outwards, second inwards. There are elevated thresholds and insufficient space for wheelchair users.
There is no fully accessible toilet in this building. The nearest public toilet accessible for wheelchair users is at Komenského square situated at the terminal trolleybus stop. It is a modular barrier-free toilet available for a fee.