We have a selection of online preparation materials for your Listening and Speaking tests.
PREPARE FOR THE IELTS LISTENING TEST
- Practice your listening now with these online activities which include podcasts, stories and poems.
- Practise a listening test with these IELTS mock listening papers.
- Download listening materials from the British Council’s iTunes University (you will need iTunes to access this content).
PREPARE FOR THE IELTS SPEAKING and writing test
For registered candidates we offer monthly series of seminars that focus on the speaking and writing components of the IELTS test. They take place on Friday afternoons and you can either sign up for both workshops or just pick one that better suits your needs.
For more information please follow our events page.
We have a website dedicated to learning the English language. It’s called LearnEnglish and it has a number of very useful English learning resources, such as:
- grammar and vocabulary tutorials
- business/work resources and a magazine
- IELTS tips
- community networking opportunities.
You’ll find that learning materials on the site really support your preparation for your IELTS test, and they’ll give you more confidence when it comes to test day.
This online 6-week course will take you through each stage of the IELTS test - reading, writing, speaking and listening. At each stage there will be advice from our video tutor and a team of experienced IELTS educators. You will also be asked to share your experiences, tips and opinions with other learners.
By the end of the Understanding IELTS course, you will:
- be familiar with all parts of the IELTS test
- have some useful tips to help you achieve your IELTS goals
- understand how the IELTS test is assessed
- have an opportunity to have your written and spoken English assessed by other learners