1 Book a date and time for your placement test
Before registering for a course you will need to take a placement test*. This is free and you can book date and time of the test online.
* Children up to the age of 10 do not need to take a placement test. Please contact us to register your child for a course.
If you have been studying with us in the previous term, you do not need to take the level assessment. Your teacher will recommend the next level for you.
2 Take the British Council placement test
Here is a short description of what to expect.
CHILDREN (4-10 years)
Children of this age don't take a placement test. Please contact us to register your child for a course.
TEENS (11-17 years)
Young learners between the age of 11 and 17 will have a short conversation with a native speaker to assess the level of their spoken English and will then take a written test of vocabulary, grammar and reading. All children take a basic test which lasts 20 minutes and for children with a higher level of English there is a 10-minute extension. The entire process should take no longer than 60 minutes.
ADULTS (18+ years)
You will first be given a speaking test of about 10 minutes, followed by a written test of 30 or 40 minutes at the right level for you. The aim of these tests is to assess your level of spoken and written English so that we can offer you the most appropriate course. The entire testing and registration process will take no longer than 90 minutes at the absolute maximum.
3 Register for a course
CHILDREN (4-10 years)
Children of this age don't take a placement test. We recommend the right course for your child depending on his/her age.
TEENS (11-17 years) and ADULTS (18+ years)
When your level has been assessed, we will recommend the best course for you.
You can now register for the course.
4 Payment and discounts
We accept payments by cash, credit cards, bank transfer or invoice.
We offer the following discounts:
- Student / teacher discount: 10% off for adult students with a valid ISIC card and 10% off for teachers with a valid ITIC card (Note: Discounts must be claimed at the time of payment, they cannot be claimed retrospectively. Discounts do not apply to the summer courses. Discounts can not be combined)
- Bring a Friend Discount: 10% off your next course after your friend completes one term of study with us
- 10% discount if you pay for all three terms at once
- ZTP card holders: 10% off for Young Learners and Adult students with a valid certified local ZTP card (Note: Discounts must be claimed at the time of payment, they cannot be claimed retrospectively. Discounts can not be combined)